Today was *supposed* to be moving day

I’m gonna make this quick. I can’t write or talk about it without crying and getting stomach cramps.

We were supposed to be closing and moving TODAY. We thought our dream was finally coming true. But 48 hours ago the buyer’s lender decided that they would no longer give him the loan to buy our house unless he had a cosigner. We were told as long as he found a cosigner everything would be fine and we would be closing before the 29th.

Yesterday we waited to find out when the new closing day would be. At 4:45 p.m. I got the call I never expected to get. The buyer’s lender STILL denied him the loan to buy our house. We would not be closing at all.

I cried. I screamed. I got sick and vomited all of everything I had eaten that day and spent the day on the toilet. I lost three pounds. Another three pounds I could not afford to lose.

Our entire lives have been packed away in boxes. Waiting to go to a beautiful house that may never be ours.

Our mail was already forwarded. Address changed on numerous accounts.

Invitations for Brigham’s first birthday party have already been sent – with our NEW address of a house that now will set empty on his birthday.

Our dreams were shattered in an instant.

I’m not doing well. Not at all.

Today was supposed to be one of the happiest days of our family’s life. But instead, we are so sad.

Today my heart is broken.

Comments

1. Angela says

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear your family has to go through this. Praying that this will be resolved quickly and you can be in your dream house for Brigham’s birthday.

I am sorry Molly. :( I hope this is just a minor setback and something comes up soon. Have you thought about renting out the house to the buyer? Maybe you can come up with an arrangement that the rent he pays can go towards the price of the house & in turn will be less they have to finance?

I will say a quick prayer for you tonight to be in your dream house asap.
    Cindy recently posted..Distortion

oh man. I know nothing I can say will make it right. I really hope you guys can figure something out. I bet your set buyer was disappointed too! Small comfort, but Brigham will be happy at his birthday party no matter where it is. I know you know that. He’s a sweetie.
    Anna recently posted..all about the feets

4. Cyn says

Molly, this really sucks. I am so sorry for you guys, but somehow, in perhaps some wonderful, unexpected way, it will all work out. Just take care of you!

Cyn

5. Emily says

I’m so sorry, Molly. That sucks. I hope it can still get resolved and you guys can move to your new house.

I’m not sure if this has already been suggested, but could you rent the house to the buyer in the meantime while he finds a co-signer?

Molly, my heart breaks for you…. I am so sorry. So sorry.

Please please please take care of yourself. <3
    Megan recently posted..Believing

I have just recently started reading your blog and I have never commented before, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am for you. I can’t believe that something like that happens so close to closing, it just isn’t fair and I understand your need to scream, cry, and be generally pissed off. We recently made the decision to pull our house off of the market after 15 long months and I am just done, it has been an emotional roller coaster. I wouldn’t even look at houses because I was afraid I would get attached to one and not be able to get it, so I can’t even imagine what you are going through. Good luck and I hope everything ends up working out for you.

8. Savannah Kelb says

Tim and I are praying for you. If there’s anything that we can do for you, please let us know.

We love you, and we have faith that God will answer your prayers.

Hugs,
    Savannah

Unbelievable. I can’t even imagine. It makes me sick just reading this. I am SOOOO sorry, Molly. I have nothing to say that will make you feel better, other than you’re in my thoughts & prayers.
    Lauren recently posted..All Fixed

Sending love and hugs to you. I can’t imagine your letdown, but know that things can still change. Coming from working in the real estate world, lenders can always adjust and allow for other provisions. I wouldn’t bank on it being a closed door, just a letdown and a delay on moving into your next home. I will say some prayers for you that it all comes together and soon. ::hugs::
    Molly @Mallaidh recently posted..Wordless Wednesday 14

I am so sorry this is happening to you. i am devastated for you, and hope that things work out somehow…be it another buyer coming into the picture or as some others have posted, maybe you rent the house to the buyer that the bank did not approve. I don’t understand how the process can be allowed to get as far as it did in this situation…no wonder this country is in the state it’s in. The bank should have pulled the plug a long time ago on your buyer IMO – this situation affects you, and I’m assuming, the folks you were buying from (or the builder – it was a new house, wasn’t it?). Sorry, I’m sure that doesn’t help you feel better. But I feel this is very unfair to you and your family. Thinking of you!
    Suze recently posted..Beachin It!

Trackbacks