It’s time for another brain dump on this hot Monday!
1. Brigham is showing readiness signs for potty-training. At first I thought NO WAY, it’s too early. But then I remembered we started potty-training Landon at 27 months. Brigham will be 27 months on the 2nd of August! So I guess it’s not as crazy as I thought. We have been reading Karen Katz potty book every night. Afterward Brigham will ask to sit on the potty. Then he smiles and laughs and makes fart sounds with his mouth. It’s awesome. But no pee or poop in the potty yet.
2. I’m starting to have second thoughts about the dental assisting career change. I had an interview at an endodontic office and got called back in for a second interview. I was pushed into assisting on a root canal and I had no idea what I was doing. It was very overwhelming. All the instruments and such. I left feeling like I could never do something like that. I’m wondering if I should just try to find a job in the same field I’ve been in for years. It would be more money and at least I would have some confidence because I know what I’m doing. My poor brain. It goes back and forth every single day and the indecision is exhausting.
3. Landon turns four in just nine days. NINE DAYS! How did this happen you guys? As for plans we are not having a big party and once again, I am so happy we aren’t. We are going to the brand new SeaLife aquarium in Kansas City and then having dinner with family at Chuck E. Cheese’s. This is at Landon’s request. He says he wants to play skeeball, lol. I can’t believe I will have a four-year-old soon. Oh, how time flies.
4. I am so tired of our brown/beige/tan walls. I am ready to make some changes around our house. Add some color and get some new decor items. But the budget won’t allow for any of that right now. Huge bummer.
5. I had lunch with a friend that I met through my blog. I blogged about a church service one day and she emailed me wondering if we went to the same church. We do! How funny is that? So we finally met up for lunch and it was so nice to just sit and be myself with someone. Blogging is strange because it makes you feel like you know someone already without ever having met them in person. Thanks for a fun lunch, Rachel!
6. I’ve started going to the gym again. All of my clothes are too tight and I really want them to fit. I also know how good I feel after I walk/run for a little while and I’ve got to get that back. It is so important to my well-being and I don’t know why I can’t seem to make exercise a priority. We have a membership to a nice gym and it’s time I start using it at least two times a week. I would like to go three times a week but man, it’s hard to get there some days. How in the world do I stay motivated to keep going when there is netflix and popcorn?