I feel like I’ve got so much in my head and the only way to get it out is a brain dump. Sorry if you hate these. But by gosh, they help me clear my brain.
1. Potty training Brigham – let’s just say it’s not going all that well. We put him in undies the other day to try it and he had no interest at all. In fact, when I told him it was time to try to sit on the potty he ran and hid under the dining room table. I guess I’m frustrated because Landon was already potty trained at 27 months. I know I need to stop comparing because each child is different. But darn it! I’m tired of diapers. So ready to be done with them.
2. Naaman took me to the Nutcracker ballet on Saturday at the new performing arts center in Kansas City. It was such a lovely night out. I danced for eighteen years and I always end up missing it when I see the ballerinas twirling on stage. I really enjoyed it though so thanks honey!
3. Our Christmas cards are almost to our house (yay, UPS tracking!). I can’t wait to address them and get them out to our loved ones. Each year I take a lot of time deciding what design and photo we’re going to use. It’s a small way to say, “Hey, I was thinking of you.” I love receiving them in the mail too. It has become one of my favorite things about the holidays!
4. Naaman put Christmas lights on our house for the first time. I love them. In fact, I wanted to go crazy and put some reindeer in the yard and he said no. But next year . . . watch out. We’ll be the brightest house on the block, of this I’m sure.
5. Naaman has to work on Christmas this year. It sucks. Really bad. But we’re used to it since he is in the medical field. We’ll be doing our family Christmas on Christmas Eve. The kids won’t know any better anyway.
6. I wish I was one of those bloggers who planned out their blog posts month-to-month. I’d probably be more successful/have more readers. They say consistency wins. But I think I’m lucky to come up with three posts a week. Some weeks I just have nothing to say. Or it’s a busy week and I don’t have time. Either way, I wish I blogged more and was more strategic about it.
7. I am currently reading Unglued by Lisa TerKeurst. I think I need this badly, especially after what happened last week. By the way, THANK YOU for all of your supportive comments. It really means the world to have such a supportive community. I know I can come here and write something hard and you guys will make me feel better about it. It’s awesome. Anyway, Landon and I are fine. He forgave me and I promised to try harder. I’ve been squeezing him extra tight the past week and reminding him how special he is to me. He’s truly the sweetest boy you’ll ever meet. So caring and compassionate. I’m a lucky mama.
8. I love peppermint mochas. I have too many of them during the winter season.
9. Landon was sick a couple weeks ago and now Brigham has it. Isn’t seeing your kids sick the worst thing ever?
Okay, that’s all I can think of right now. I feel better.